Dog Eats Chocolate

What Happens If A DOG Eats CHOCOLATE. Dangerous Quantities and Treatment

Why can’t dogs eat chocolate?? What happens when my dog ​​eats chocolate? how much chocolate.

Chocolate is forbidden for dogs, but if your dog ate this poison and you don’t know what to do. You should know these points about chocolate.

UCM Chronology

Chocolate is forbidden for dogs, but if your dog ate this poison and you don’t know what to do. You should know these points about chocolate.

Dog owners should know how dangerous chocolate is for their dogs. If you own a dog, you should keep in mind that.

What happens if a DOG eats CHOCOLATE, be very careful!

If you act quickly, your pet can be saved. Here’s what to do if your dog eats chocolate: Consult your vet immediately: If you think your dog.

The Most Dangerous Sign

Symptoms of chocolate poisoning in dogs

But whether or not a dog has a reaction after eating chocolate depends on three things. The type of chocolate eaten The amount Size of the dog. How these elements affect the situation If your adult dog has only eaten a square of milk chocolate, a cupcake with chocolate frosting or a cookie with chocolate chips, do not be alarmed. It is probably not a medical emergency.

If your dog is small or has eaten a lot of chocolate, you need to take action. Don’t ignore the fact that your dog has gobbled up a few bars. You may need to see a vet right away. If your puppy has eaten dark chocolate, immediately call the vet’s office and report it. Chocolate is definitely not good for dogs. Contains nothing dogs need and some things they don’t.

In fact, vets have long known that chocolate is toxic. They see many cases of chocolate toxicosis in dogs. So the answer is that chocolate and dogs don’t mix in sufficient quantities. In fact, chocolate can be very bad for dogs. let’s see why. The main harmful element in chocolate is a chemical called theobromine. The chemical code for theobromine is C7H8N4O2. Theobromine is a vasodilator which means it dilates the blood vessels.

You might think this is a good thing — improving blood flow — and in some cases it can be. In the past, for example, theobromine was used to treat high blood pressure in humans.

Unfortunately, in sufficient quantities, it is harmful to almost all animals that consume it. Despite the presence of the chemical theobromine, most people do not experience the negative effects of consuming chocolate. Most do, but not all. Chocolate toxicity occasionally manifests itself in people who consume sufficient amounts. The reason is that the canine body breaks down theobromine slowly.

This chemical can remain in your dog’s blood for up to 20 hours. Let’s see what happens when your dog eats chocolate. When a human eats a product containing theobromine — coffee also contains this chemical — the amount of theobromine absorbed is halved within 6 to 10 hours. In most cases, people can consume chocolate without serious side effects. Theobromine in chocolate alters the dog’s heart rate.

This can lead to life-threatening conditions or irregularities in your heartbeat. It also stimulates the dog’s nervous system and causes a number of dangerous symptoms. For example, if a 60-pound Labrador ate 6 ounces of milk chocolate, the risk of disease is low. The same amount could kill a dog weighing 4 kilos or less. Do not allow anyone to give chocolate to small dogs or puppies of any breed.

Many people get away with giving large dogs milk chocolate or milk chocolate products in small to medium amounts. Surely you know someone who does it regularly. But that doesn’t mean they should because the dog won’t feel bad afterwards, as it’s unlikely to end up at the vet.

Not at all the same with dark chocolate. This is the scary part. Let’s go back to our previous example. Consider the same Labrador weighing 20 kg and the same 6 ounces of chocolate, but this time dark chocolate. The scene is now very different. Serious illness including death is a possible outcome. Milk chocolate can also be harmful, but usually in higher amounts than dark chocolate.

White Chocolate You may have heard that dogs can eat white chocolate without harming themselves. And there is some truth in this rumor. Therefore, it is not completely safe and especially for small dogs and puppies. Lethal doses differ. The implication is that there is no way to predict in advance how much chocolate will harm your dog. Therefore, it is better not to risk your dog eating it.

Therefore, your dog can be injured or even killed by small amounts of dark chocolate. Symptoms of chocolate poisoning Initial symptoms can vary from dog to dog. But most dogs show some common symptoms. Here are some of the common early symptoms of chocolate poisoning: Increased thirst Diarrhea So if enough theobromine has been consumed, things can get worse.

If a dog has eaten too much chocolate, they may lose control of their paws and collapse. You may also have seizures and, if left untreated, go into a coma. Deaths can and do happen. If your dog has eaten enough chocolate to injure himself, symptoms are likely to appear within 12 hours. maybe even much sooner. However, a dog that is perfectly well 24 hours after eating milk chocolate is unlikely to have any serious consequences afterwards.

Record your dog’s weight in kilos. Weigh it if you have no idea, then write down approximately how much chocolate your dog has eaten in ounces. Check out the chocolate for dogs calculator on the website. Enter the color of chocolate your dog has consumed, their body weight in pounds, and the weight of the chocolate in ounces. Good question.

To treat chocolate poisoning, vets often try to make the dog vomit if it hasn’t already done so. This is to prevent the poison from being absorbed into the dog’s stomach. You should not try to make your dog vomit on its own. If caught early, most dogs can recover from chocolate poisoning. However, there are some things you can do. You can try to keep it in a cage. Crates are a great way to keep dogs safe when you can’t keep an eye on them.

Just remember not to leave them in there too long. My friend uses it when her dog tries to eat food that falls off the table. It is also found in garden mulches made from cocoa products. If you have a dog, especially a small one, these products should be kept safe. Just like you would keep any other dangerous chemical out of the reach of small children and dogs.

Chocolate is toxic to dogs. Most poisonings are not fatal, but some are. Therefore, if your dog has eaten chocolate, you should take it seriously. The risk is high if your dog is small or if the chocolate he has eaten is dark. don’t take chances. Be careful and consult the vet. If Christmas or the holidays involve chocolate, think of your dog and keep those treats away.

Related content:.

BUTTERFLY + Compilation of Clips 30 min. hooked – Children’s songs of the Gallina Pintadita